For about 6 small to medium size pancakes you will need:
1 cup buckwheat flour*
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus extra for coating the pan
Optional: coconut based yoghurt, fruits and nuts for topping
1. In a large bowl, combine baking powder with buckwheat flour and give it a quick shake.
2. Add all wet ingredients, including half a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Mix well until a smooth batter forms, either with a fork or hand mixer.
3. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat with a thin coating of olive oil and spread the batter over the pan once the pan is hot.
4. Flip once the batter is dried on the edges and cook the pancakes until they are golden brown.
5. Enjoy as it is or with toppings of your choice.
* Stick to buckwheat flour for the best result. If you can’t find this, replace for coconut flour or wholegrain flour.