chocolate chip cookies
For 10 - 12 cookies you will need:
1/2 cup stevia based vegan dark chocolate, cut into small squares, or stevia based vegan dark choc chips
1 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (make sure it isn't hot!)
3 tablespoons 100% pure peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
2. Blend the sunflower seeds in a food processor until they look like a fine powder (don’t worry if there are bits that look a bit coarse). Don't blend the seeds to long as it will at some point release its oils and turn into a butter!
3. Add all remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate and pulse for about a minute or until the dough comes together.
4. With a spatula, mix half of the chocolate into the batter.
5. Divide the dough into small balls, about the size of a golf ball and press them to about 1 cm thick round shapes.
6. Sprinkle over the rest of the chocolate and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.