& creamy summer
For one large portion you will need:
About 1/3 cup of grapefruit pieces
About two cups of fresh mixed salad leaves
Half a beetroot
A handful of pumpkin seeds
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: juice from a red beet
1. Heat a non-stick dry pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, dry toast the pumpkin seeds for about two minutes or until browned.
2. Meanwhile, chop the beetroot and avocado into about 5 mm slices.
3. Mix the avocado and beetroot with the salad leaves, pumpkin seeds and grapefruit pieces in a salad bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix tahini, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper until the mixture becomes creamy. If you want to play around with texture, you can add in beetroot juice bit by bit to thin out the dressing and add flavour.
5. Drizzle over your salad and enjoy its beautiful colours!